Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights.
Last week the prime minister announced coronavirus restrictions across England would be eased from 4 July.
Of these, 866 cases were reported in the last two weeks.
Reports in the Sunday Times newspaper said the government was set to reimpose strict lockdown rules on Leicester "within the next few days".
The reason is due to a surge in coronavirus cases in the city.
Speaking on Sunday's Andrew Marr Show, Ms Patel said she had spoken to Health Secretary Matt Hancock about a possible local lockdown, and "extra support" would be going into the area.More news: Mississippi lawmakers vote to remove Confederate emblem from state flag
According to Public Health England data, nearly 3,000 Covid-19 cases have been confirmed in Leicester since the start of the coronavirus epidemic.
The Sunday Times said Leicester's rise in cases follows an outbreak in food production plants in the area and reports of large crowds gathering outside takeaway restaurants.
"While Public Health England is continuing to assess and advise on the impact of the COVID-19 outbreak on ethnic groups, I want to make sure that the NHS is doing everything we can to reach out, reassure and support those pregnant women and new mums most at risk", said Jacqueline Dunkley-Bent, the Chief Midwifery Officer for England.
Sir Peter said he had received an email from the Government overnight and "it seems they're suggesting we continue the present level of restriction for a further two weeks beyond July 4".
He said: "I'm very angry and very frustrated this morning because the 9am meeting has been cancelled by the government officials who were due to meet with us".
Meanwhile, the latest NHS England statistics revealed that 763 people identifying with Indian heritage have died so far in the pandemic, according to data collated until last Thursday.More news: Trump promotes video showing apparent supporter shouting 'white power'
After being very criticized over its management of the pandemic coronavirus, which has claimed more than 43 000 deaths in the United Kingdom, this is the the most affected country in Europe, the Prime minister, Boris Johnson, has the hard task of succeeding the déconfinement, the next big step is expected Saturday 4 July. Stores "non-essential" have already reopened by mid-June. "It's got to be done".
Asked how his customers were feeling, he said: "Very, very scared because it's closer to home than we realised".
Margaret Barton, 41, owner of Cafe Mbriki, said only being able to serve takeaways was hardly worth staying open for.
"Then it's the uncertainty of who the carrier is".
"But I think the council should offer us more [financial] help if it does happen".More news: Hong Kongers march in silent protest against national security laws