As of 10:30 am on March 24, Ontario is reporting 588 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province.
As of Wednesday morning, Ontario had 688 confirmed cases of COVID-19, with nine deaths.
Construction labour groups are raising concerns about working conditions during the COVID-19 pandemic as companies and governments respond with a range of strategies. "We are giving priority to COVID-19 concerns and other health and safety issues that may pose an imminent hazard to workers".
Ontario further tightened restrictions at long-term care facilities Tuesday, banning residents from leaving for off-site visits with friends and family.More news: Two billion in lockdown as PM puts new restrictions in place
The provincial government has announced all non-essential workplaces in Ontario will be shutting their doors to fight COVID-19.
"It is truly unfortunate that this woman's tragic passing underscores the need for us to work together as a community to help stop the spread of COVID-19", Durham Region Medical Officer of Health Dr. Robert Kyle said in the news release.
"If there's more cases, it becomes just not possible to take care of everybody's well being enough to satisfy [a business] owner's conscience", John Rasenberg, president and founder of JMR Electric Ltd., an electrical and mechanical contractor based in Exeter, Ont., said in an interview. The latest figures come as the province saw its largest single-day spike in new cases at 100. There are a total of 46 such cases listed in the data, which is more than three times the number of cases that Ontario has seen in individuals returning from the next most commonly listed country - Iran (14 cases). Kingston Frontenac Lennox Addington confirmed two of the patients are under 18, a male and female, who had been in close contact with a positive case and are in self-isolation. The other cases are listed as "pending".
As of 12:00 pm on March 23, Hamilton Public Health was reporting 32 cases (so the new numbers from the province are likely not included yet).More news: Fox Sports to broadcast the full season of NASCAR’s virtual race series
A Milton man in his 50s died of the virus last week.
Eight cases have been resolved in the province.
There are no specific treatments for the virus and there is no vaccine that protects against it. "Do not call 911 unless it is an emergency".More news: Queen Elizabeth wants to ease tensions between Harry, Meghan and royal family