"With my team and a group of advisers we're looking into the steps to take in a process in which we hope to show that I've never used any products that violate fair play and ethics", said Farah, who had been training in Los Angeles ahead of the Australian Open. Later in the day, Farah released a statement explaining that he had been informed by the International Tennis Federation that he had failed a drug test on October 17 of past year.
"I'm going through one of the saddest moments of my life and, without a doubt, the saddest of my sporting career", he said.More news: Smoke From Australia’s Fires Will Make ‘full circuit’ Around the World
"I will not be able to compete in the Australian Open, an hour ago the ITF informed me of the presence of the prohibited substance Boldenone in a test tube which was carried out on October 17th in Cali".
"Two weeks before the test mentioned".
"I'm sure that's what generated the result from the test in question", said Farah. And I was also tested at least 15 other times randomly in the worldwide circuit throughout the year with the same negative result.More news: LSU quarterback Joe Burrow set for big National Football League payday: Here's how much
'This substance is frequently found in Colombian meat and can affect the results of tests to athletes, ' wrote Farah.
Meanwhile, Chilean world No 78 Nicolas Jarry has also been provisionally suspended after returning a positive sample for stanozolol and ligandrol during the Davis Cup in Madrid in November.
Cabal is free to find a new partner in Melbourne this week ahead of the start of next week's Australian Open. The duo also reached the final of the Australian Open a year ago. And they both tested positive for compounds from the steroid family.More news: Panthers LB Luke Kuechly retires at age 28