"I've had this story for three years [since 2015]".
"I really wanted a spotlight shone on him and the others who acted with him and enabled his vile and shameless conduct against young girls and young women", Giuffre told NPR.
PewDiePie's reaction was widely welcomed by Twitterians, who pointed out that it was good to know the YouTuber was on "their side". She added that because ABC didn't want to lose the opportunity to cover events featuring Prince William and Kate Middleton, the network complied with the palace's demands and killed Robach's report. That also quashed the story. "It was unbelievable what we had, Clinton, we had everything".
Robach also says that the interview included allegations against former US President Bill Clinton. "And now it's all coming out and it's like these new revelations, and I freaking had all of it". "Are you telling me that the political left and the political right see it differently on child sex trafficking?" . Like everyday I get more and more pissed cause I'm just like, oh my God, we, it was what, what we had was unreal.
Since the footage of Robach was released, the ABC employee released an official statement regarding the matter.More news: O’Neill set for Stoke job as Bookmakers close the market
The said that they did not believe that the reporting met the standards of their network and that the hope was that they found more "substantial resources" to make the spot more credible.
As a journalist, as the Epstein story continued to unfold last summer, I was caught in a private moment of frustration.
Furthermore, Robach stated that she was upset to see that an interview she had done with Virginia Roberts was never broadcast because they were never able to obtain all the necessary evidence to to meet the standards of the network.
Giuffre (previously Roberts) made her allegations in a January 2015 sworn affidavit, describing how she was recruited by Epstein's close associate Ghislaine Maxwell, systematically trained as a sex slave for Epstein, and eventually passed around to other men, including Epstein's longtime associate Prince Andrew, who was at one time the sixth in line to the throne.
ABC said on Tuesday the interview didn't meet its standards because it lacked sufficient corroborating evidence. Farrow then took his Pulitzer Prize-winning story to the New Yorker magazine.More news: Facebook Gave 100 Apps Unauthorised Access to Data of Some Users
Camera IconScandal-hit Prince Andrew has always denied Ms Giuffre's claims.
"We would not put it on the air", Robach says in the video.
Another reason ABC didn't air the interview, according to Robach, was pushback from Buckingham Palace. The network echoed that statement and cites an upcoming ABC documentary and podcast series as proof that they never stopped working the Jeffrey Epstein story.
In a statement issued to The Hollywood Reporter, Robach explained that she never intended her grievances to go public.
ABC denied that outside pressure had anything to do with its decision on the Roberts interview. "There will come a day when we will realize Jeffrey Epstein was the most prolific pedophile this country has ever known".More news: Solskjaer targets Europa success as tonic for struggling Man Utd