This Sept. 12, 2008 photo shows the USA embassy in Caracas, Venezuela.
"US citizens residing in Venezuela, traveling to Venezuela or traveling in Venezuela should strongly consider departing Venezuela", Palladino said.
Despite the personnel evacuation, Pompeo said the Trump administration maintains its support of opposition leader Juan Guaidó and his effort to oust authoritarian President Nicolás Maduro, whom the U.S.no longer recognizes as the country's rightful leader.
"Today, all US diplomats remaining in Venezuela departed the country", he said in a statement, adding that it is "a hard moment for them".
He gave no details
Power had returned to many parts of Venezuela after a nationwide outage last week, with the country's main port terminal of Jose, which is crucial for the country's oil exports, resuming operations.
Ordinary people in Venezuela are bearing the brunt of the ongoing power struggle in the country and last week's blackout. The subway began operating in the capital, Caracas, though not all of its stations were open.
The country began returning to normal Thursday following a near-total weeklong blackout that the government has blamed on what it calls sabotage encouraged by the US. US officials and Guaido said the allegation is absurd and that government corruption and mismanagement caused the infrastructure collapse in a country already suffering hyperinflation and shortages of basic goods.
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Thursday announced that all remaining USA diplomats have left Venezuela "for the time being", as relations between the two countries continue to deteriorate.More news: Slack mobile app gets its own 'dark mode' in latest update
Maduro's critics have scoffed at the sabotage explanation, insisting that rampant corruption and a decade of incompetent management by state authorities were to blame.
Also Thursday, Russia's Gazprombank said it was pulling out of a joint venture with PDVSA, Venezuela's state oil company, Russian state media reported.
More than 600 visas have been revoked since late 2018 as part of US efforts to pressure Maduro's government, State Department spokesman Robert Palladino said.
The Venezuelan National Assembly, dominated by the opposition, has declared a state of alarm over the blackout that the Maduro government blamed on a US cyber-attack and that plunged the struggling country into darkness and chaos for five days. Since Monday, the USA has revoked 340 visas, 107 of which were for Venezuelan diplomats and their families, according to Palladino.More news: Murdoch's News Corp wants Google split up in Australia
Maduro called for support from allies including Russian Federation and China as well as the United Nations in investigating the U.S. "cyber attack" he said was responsible for the blackout.
Donate At Caribbean News Service, we do not charge for our content and we want to keep it that way.More news: Arsenal's 2-goal Aubameyang explains mask mystery