In his statement, Pompeo praised the diplomats on an emotional day as they abandoned the embassy.
President Nicolás Maduro said in a speech this week that he hoped the US and Venezuelan governments could continue negotiations to set up interest sections in each other's capital - even as he blamed Washington for a massive five-day blackout that began Thursday and brought the South American country to a virtual halt.
"They are fully dedicated to our mission of supporting the Venezuelan people's aspirations to live in a democracy and build a better future for their families", he added.
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo speaks during the release of the 2018 Country Reports on Human Rights Practices at the Department of State in Washington, March 13, 2019. Despite this, he said the USA will continue to stand with self-proclaimed interim President Juan Guaido.
"We look forward to resuming our presence once the transition to democracy begins".More news: James Gunn Rehired to Direct 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3'
The United States had withdrawn most of the diplomatic staff from the embassy five weeks ago, leaving a core group behind.
"Today, all USA diplomats remaining in Venezuela departed the country".
Pompeo addressed the Venezuelan people directly in a video tweet, saying the U.S.is eager to provide them desperately needed humanitarian assistance, including food and medicine.
Palladino also warned followers of the embattled Nicolas Maduro not to harass US -backed leader Juan Guaido.
Pompeo explained the presence of diplomats in Venezuela at this time has put constraints on USA policy. Since Monday, the US has revoked 340 visas, 107 of which were for Venezuelan diplomats and their families, according to Palladino.More news: US Offers Sympathy After New Zealand Mosque Shootings
He said the United States remains committed to supporting opposition leader Juan Guaido, who wants to remove Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro and hold elections. "It's the Maduro regime which has prevented that", he said.
The country began returning to normal on Thursday following a near-total weeklong blackout that the government has blamed on what it calls sabotage encouraged by the US. Meanwhile, Venezuela's attorney general Tarek William Saab announced on Tuesday that he had launched an investigation into opposition leader Juan Guaidó over suspicions that he had been involved in the power blackout.
Guaido denied the allegations at an anti-Maduro protest Tuesday.
Morales, who is on a visit to Greece, said meddling in the domestic affairs of another country never bodes well. Guaido has declared himself interim president and demands new elections, arguing that President Nicolas Maduro's re-election previous year was invalid.More news: Is Jordy Nelson the veteran WR the Steelers need?