The two were said to be members of Hamas.
Israeli shelling at a location to the east of Jabaliya, north of the Gaza Strip, killed two Palestinians on Tuesday, confirmed the Ministry of Health.More news: Tottenham make Premier League history by completing no summer signings
"The IDF will take action against any offensive intent and every attempted attack on our forces", the army said, adding that it held Hamas responsible for all violence coming out of Gaza.
The Palestinian news agency Wafa reported that the incident was "expected to destroy Egypt and the UN's efforts to achieve a long-term ceasefire" between Israel and Hamas.
The "Great March of Return" protests sought the right of Palestinian refugees and their descendants, who according to the United Nations make up around two-thirds of Gaza's population, to return to their homeland inside what is now Israel. The video then cuts to separate footage of a shell hitting the post and an explosion.More news: Oscars Adds Popular Film Category, Will Edit Shows to 3 Hours
Ezzeddine al-Qassam Brigades, the military wing of Hamas, for its part, said that the two Palestinians were Abdulhafeth Silawi 23, and Ahmad Murjan 23 from the Jabalia camp in the northern Gaza strip and they belong to the brigades.
"The resistance can not allow the occupation to impose a policy of bombing sites and targeting fighters without paying the price", it said in a statement.
Two ships which had sailed from Europe to break the illegal siege on Gaza were captured by Israel last week.More news: Another strong quake hits Indonesia's Lombok, witnesses say buildings have collapsed
The tension in Gaza has been high since the Palestinians launched massive anti-Israel rallies in March, known as "the Great March of Return", which demanded the lift of the blockade Israel has imposed on Gaza since 2007. No Israeli soldiers were injured in the Hamas attack.