The child's father and 2-year-old sister are reported to be among the missing, according to local reports. He brings the total of missing to seven. Residents in some areas were subject to a new mandatory evacuation, emergency officials said, as the unstable environment remained a threat.
Like several other area residents, Gary Shaw said he was frustrated government officials failed to quickly stabilize the hillside following the Thomas Fire.
"He is in an out-of-area hospital being treated".
"I know it sounds like it's a constantly moving number", Brown said.More news: Research Ratings: MGM Resorts International (MGM), Electronics for Imaging, Inc. (EFII)
Almost 3,400 residents in Montecito are without water or power and over 300 are trapped in their homes as first responders scrambled to conduct rescue work in the wake of the devastating flash floods and deadly mudslides which left at least 15 dead, 25 injured and dozens missing, said County spokeswoman Yaneris Muniz.
A 30-mile stretch of U.S. Highway 101 linking Ventura and Santa Barbara was still covered in heavy debris and not expected to reopen until Monday. No further details were released about his death.
The public is asked to report any information they may have on the whereabouts of the above missing persons.
County officials have already ordered residents in most of the southeastern corner of Montecito to leave their homes for one or two weeks to aid the search and recovery efforts. "Financially that's a burden".
John "Jack" Keating, a 53-year-old transient who often frequents the riverbed, is still missing. His brother Victor is Jonathan father and the husband of Fabiola Benitez. A family friend said Ramos called home daily to her relatives in her native town of Marquelia near Acapulco on Mexico's Pacific coast.
Barajas, owner of a Santa Barbara restaurant, survived with cuts and bruises and a sprained neck.More news: Housley says more than $150K raised for Senate race
Well before dawn on Tuesday, a thundering juggernaut of unstoppable mud and debris swept down upon the sleeping community from the Santa Ynez Mountains above them, crushing everything in its path.
The US Forest Service announced on Friday that the fire that burned 440 square miles had been fully contained.
But it's not known when many residents in Montecito can return, and widespread damage is likely to take months or longer to fix.
All of the dead were killed by "multiple traumatic injuries due to flash flood with mudslides", authorities said.
The Thomas fire was the largest wildfire in recorded California history.
Many celebrities who have homes in Montecito have discussed the mudslides on social media, giving first-hand accounts of the incident and offering their condolences to those who lost their lives. Meanwhile, eight commercial structures were destroyed and 20 commercial structures were damaged, according to the Santa Barbara County Fire Department.More news: Institutional Investors Hate on Seagate Technology PLC Falls